Dear Church Family,
Like so many others, our church leadership has been following the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation very closely and the impact on us and our communities. This includes following the recommendations and guidelines as established by Illinois Dept of Public Health, our Government officials, as well as the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Even though we have no known or suspected cases of contact within our church family, we deeply care about our church and our communities which we are a part of and are taking steps to ensure the well-being and safety of everyone who Cornerstone Church impacts and who calls Cornerstone Church their church home.
Based on much discussion and research, the church leadership is taking the following steps immediately out of an abundance of caution and to participate with our communities’ effort in prevention:
- All church activities will be canceled indefinitely starting today, Friday, March 13th.
- The church will be closed for all gatherings and activities. We ask that if you have access to the church, that you ABSOLUTELY do not do so for ANY REASON so that we can isolate this and keep the church clean.
- All church members and those associated with activities at the church will be contacted to inform them of this decision and the impact.
- For this Sunday, we will live stream our service at 10:30 am only. Moving forward, we will be conducting our Sunday mornings Services and regular meetings virtually online or conferencing.
Following the direction of experts (such as CDC, local authorities), we would also like to recommend the following steps for you individually and for the church as a whole:
- Take Preventative measures and practice good hygiene procedures. This is a very serious epidemic and you may be strong and healthy but you may cause illness and germs to be passed on to others who may be deeply impacted by COVID-19. For many individuals, it may not have a major impact on their physical health. For others, who may be more vulnerable, we need to protect ourselves so that they may be protected and the impact may be minimized.
- If you are feeling ill, please contact the authorities and isolate yourself
- If you have received news that you came in contact with a person that has or is suspected of coming in contact with COVID-19, please CONTACT us immediately so we can inform others that you came in contact with at Cornerstone Church. We also want to assist you and these individuals in addition through prayer.
- Prevention and Treatment
- How COVID-19 Spreads
- Update your contact info:
In case of emergency and new information and updates, we would like to be able to contact you. Please use the following form or send us an email (address above) with the following information:
- Contact Form
- Full name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Ministry or activity attended at Cornerstone Church
- Stay Connected:
- Stay Spiritually Fed:
Use this time of isolation and fewer activities/busyness to draw closer to our Lord; pray, read, meditate, encourage, & listen.
If you have children, you can obtain free access to the Lifeway resource library. Please follow these instructions:
- Go to my.lifeway.com/redeem
- Register if you are a new user or login if you already have an account
- Enter this redemption code: VZMD4SSQ38
- Click "Access" (if prompted to sign in again, sign in) on the bottom of the page and then click "My Dashboard," and go to LifeWay Kids at Home
- Download your Activity Page and One Conversation Sheet to use as you watch the video session
- Call the people whom you know to attend or use Cornerstone Church and share this information and the closure of the church with them.
- For the Elderly, shut-ins, or those in need of any assistance, please call them and make certain they are well. Please relay the messages and information to the church office if additional help is needed for them so we can care for them.
- Use this opportunity to show love and care to those in your communities who do not attend Cornerstone Church. Be the hands and feet of Christ to them and please tell us how we can provide you with necessary information or suggestions.
- Pray: Pray for the Lord’s Will to be done, for Him to use you and His Church in a mighty way, to protect those in needing help and to provide healing for all soon.
- Give: In these times of crises, the church comes together to serve and care for its people and continues to function as well. All of these programs and help will need funding. Consider giving online at the following link:
Thank you for reading all the way through this email with all of its detail. I hope that you continue with a steadfast faith trusting the Lord. We want you to know that we love each and every one of you and are concerned for you. This verse from Timothy is a strong reminder to us. "God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." 1Timothy 1:7. Please continue to serve the Lord by serving others and looking for opportunities to be the light and the salt that God has called us to be in a world that is hurting in a little different way these days.